- Table View
- List View
Like reading a magazine--not a textbook--Plotnik's INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY, NINTH EDITION will draw you in and show you how exciting the study of psychology can be. Rod Plotnik's modular, visual approach to the fundamentals of psychology makes even the toughest concepts engaging and entertaining. As the pioneer of the "visual" or "magazine" style approach, each and every page of the text is individually planned, written, and formatted to effectively incorporate the use of Visual Cues, which help you to better remember information. Extensively updated, the text also utilizes "chunking," a method of breaking concepts down into small, easily digested sections that help you learn at your own pace.
The Cengage Learning DISCOVERY SERIES: INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY is designed to deliver traditional course content in an innovative "hybrid" learning format--instruction presented in a printed book paired with integrated online applications and assessments. The program promotes measurable mastery of core course learning objectives by guiding students' active engagement with content delivered through the book, images, video, simulations, and assessments. This contemporary approach to learning seamlessly integrates text and technology, enabling students to easily move from the book's instruction to its online applications for a deeper, lasting understanding of the core psychological concepts, and for assessments that reliably track students' progress and performance.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.