- Table View
- List View
Since the discovery of the pharmacological and toxicological importance of inhibiting the cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), much research has gone into the development of methods to study the biological functions of COX-1 and COX-2. In Cyclooxygenases: Methods and Protocols, experts and pioneers in the field present the most up-to-date in vitro and in vivo techniques routinely used in COX research. The volume delves into essential topics such as the purification, cloning, and expression of COX enzymes as well as in vitro assays aimed at determining the inhibitory potency of drugs on COX-1 and COX-2 activities, with chapters describing protocols used for the extraction and measurement of the prostanoids. This volume also describes in vivo disease models used to study the roles of COX-1 and COX-2 in gastrointestinal injury, inflammation, and pain. As a book in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series, the protocols chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Cyclooxygenases: Methods and Protocols serves as an indispensable tool for all scientists seeking the treatment of inflammation, pain, fever, and other harmful conditions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.