- Table View
- List View
In this book the authors present classical and recent results for matrix analysis that have proved to be important to applied mathematics. Facts about matrices, beyond those found in an elementary linear algebra course, are needed to understand virtually any area of mathematics, and the necessary material has only occurred sporadically in the literature and university curricula. As the interest in applied mathematics has grown, the need for a text and a reference work offering a broad selection of topics has become apparent, and this book aims to meet that need. This book will be welcomed as an undergraduate or graduate textbook for students studying matrix analysis. The authors assume a background in elementary linear algebra and knowledge of rudimentary analytical concepts. They begin with a review and discussion of eigenvalues and eigenvectors. The following chapters each treat a major topic in depth. This volume should be useful not only as a text, but also as a self-contained reference work to a variety of audiences in other scientific fields.
This book treats several topics in matrix theory not included in its predecessor volume, Matrix Analysis.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.