- Table View
- List View
In this book the authors present classical and recent results for matrix analysis that have proved to be important to applied mathematics. Facts about matrices, beyond those found in an elementary linear algebra course, are needed to understand virtually any area of mathematics, and the necessary material has only occurred sporadically in the literature and university curricula. As the interest in applied mathematics has grown, the need for a text and a reference work offering a broad selection of topics has become apparent, and this book aims to meet that need. This book will be welcomed as an undergraduate or graduate textbook for students studying matrix analysis. The authors assume a background in elementary linear algebra and knowledge of rudimentary analytical concepts. They begin with a review and discussion of eigenvalues and eigenvectors. The following chapters each treat a major topic in depth. This volume should be useful not only as a text, but also as a self-contained reference work to a variety of audiences in other scientific fields.
This book treats several topics in matrix theory not included in its predecessor volume, Matrix Analysis.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.