By reading the poems and stories in this book you'll find that the animals have wishes and dreams. Learn about yourself through your animal friends everywhere.
This book will take you to many place just by reading it. Come and sail on the deep blue sea. These stories will let you meet new faces. You can learn Indian water signs. You will read a Japanese folktale about two silly frogs. You will meet many different animals and people in this book.
In this book you will learn the components of the language you read, speak and write.
We all learn to speak a language without thinking about how it works. For example, children who grow up speaking English learn to say the gray cat instead of the cat gray before they learn about adjectives and nouns. Later, we study grammar, the rules and patterns our language follows. Understanding grammar helps us to talk about language and writing and to communicate effectively.
This text book on English Grammar and Composition contains plenty of useful tools and exercises, explained in a lucid and user-friendly language.
A study guide for students to learn English.
This book presents a fundamental approach to the teaching and learning of English language.
A Harcourt Reading/Language Arts Program textbook.
As you read Changing Patterns, you will meet characters who learn about themselves and others. You will also learn skills that will help you become a better reader. As your reading skills grow, you just might be surprised at how many changing patterns you begin to see.
Language textbook for 5th graders.
In Just For You, you will read about characters whose differences make them special. You will find out how helping others can be fun and can make you feel good about yourself. You will learn how many different things in nature grow and change.
As you read Hidden Surprises, you will meet characters who learn about themselves and others. You may discover animals you have never seen before. You may even see some old friends in new stories.
This book will let you meet many new characters and will take you to new places. You'll read about two friends that dream the same dream. You'll see that a bear and a mouse can find something they both like. You'll see that people can be different but also alike.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.