"Women today not only deserve but should expect a pain-free, active lifestyle, no matter their age, no matter their previous experience. " Pain Free for Women In his famed San Diego clinic, Pete Egoscue has taught women of all ages and from all walks of life how to use the Egoscue Method for safe, effective, and permanent relief from chronic pain without prescription painkillers, physical therapy, or invasive surgery. Now he shares his specially adapted "Pain Free" program for women to use at home. Whether you suffer from back or neck pain, joint discomfort or sore knees, or need more stamina, improved balance, and extra strength, here is a revolutionary and proven approach to self-care that promises optimal health through a simple set of exercises that will transform the way you move and feel -- forever! Egoscue shows women how to take back their bodies by recovering and restoring a precious health asset -- full, free, flexible motion -- that he believes has been drastically reduced by our modern lifestyle. As Egoscue explains, motion not only develops a woman's body but also maintains and rejuvenates it. Yet as her motion-deprived muscles disengage and weaken, it is common for a woman's body to lose alignment, leading to repetitive stress injuries, persistent pain, and general bad health. Even the simplest activities -- how she sits, stands, walks, works, lifts, and sleeps -- can trigger problems. Focusing on proper alignment, posture, and muscle engagement, Egoscue provides simple but powerful techniques to restore flexibility and function while at the same time boosting energy, revving up the immune system, even raising the body's metabolic rate. The remarkable "E-cises" included within have also been linked to improved ability to fight disease, cope with aging, and recover from accidents and injuries. The "miracle" cure Egoscue offers is, simply, correct motion. Organized by the seasons of a woman's life,Pain Free for Womenpays particular attention to age-specific concerns such as puberty, childbirth, and menopause, as well as special issues such as arthritis, PMS, and depression. At the same time, Egoscue shows how women can build a framework of healthy movement that will prevent illness and maintain pain-free good health throughout the journey of life. According to Egoscue, reversing the effects of poor musculoskeletal fitness provides astonishing benefits, including: *Better balance, posture, and breathing, as well as increased resiliency *Effective and safe weight management *Healthy bone density and visual acuity *Heightened sex drive *Delayed symptoms of aging *Peace of mind and general tranquility Extensively illustrated to demonstrate proper placement, posture, and movement,Pain Free for Womenoffers women of every age the possibility of feeling better than ever before.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.