Anna Getty--chef, TV personality, heiress, and mother--loves great food made from fresh, organic, and sustainably harvested ingredients. In this fact-filled guide and cookbook, Anna explains how to shop for organic, seasonal, and local ingredients, how to keep an eco-friendly kitchen, and how to cook meals that are as scrumptious to eat as they are healthy for you and the earth. Such delights as Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Toasts, Double Lemon Chicken Breast with Fresh Tomato Basil Salsa, and Mini-Strawberry Rhubarb Crumbles will quickly help anyone down the road to a healthier, organic lifestyle. Packed with sound advice, plenty of color photographs, and 100 fabulous recipes, Anna's kitchen is the destination of choice for the discerning home cook.
This holiday season, Anna Getty--environmental advocate, writer, television personality, chef, mother, and organic living expert--helps families reduce their carbon footprint and save money without sacrificing style or tradition. Anna advises how to best choose a tree (real or fake?), mitigate the negative effects of necessary travel, recycle post-holiday, and more. She shares favorite holiday recipes for organic appetizers and homemade craft ideas such as pinecone wreaths and recycled sweater pillows. With inspiring photographs, extensive resources, and advice from the "Lazy Environmentalist" Josh Dorfman, Seventh Generation's Jeffrey Hollender, and other leading eco-experts, familiesmight just find that these tips help them stay green all year longthe perfect New Year's resolution!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.