- Table View
- List View
Brunch has become America's favorite culinary pastime, a wonderfully appetizing and leisurely dining experience unfettered by either time constraints or choice of entrée-and a ritual so increasingly popular that it's not just for Sundays anymore. And, hands down, no one does it better than Bubby's, the New York City destination restaurant that has been a hangout for hungry city dwellers and celebrities for nearly two decades. Luckily, you don't need to travel all the way to the Big Apple to savor Bubby's amazing array of brunch favorites. With nearly 200 delicious recipes, Bubby's Brunch Cookbook will help you turn your kitchen into a little piece of heaven. From biscuits to muffins, pancakes to omelets, smoked salmon to hot toddies, there's inspiration here for both beginner and seasoned chefs alike, and the easy-to-follow recipes invariably produce mouthwatering results. Bubby's owner and chef Ron Silver reveals the secrets behind his signature dishes-German Skillet-Baked Pancakes, Sizzling Ham and Gruyère Omelet, and Blueberry Scones-as well as scrumptious staples-Skillet Hash Browns, Creamy Buttermilk New Potato Salad, and six variations on classic Eggs Benedict. And don't forget Bubby's world famous Sour Cream Pancakes! Of course, no brunch is complete without libations, so Bubby's stirs up tasty original variations on Bloody Marys and Mimosas, as well as freshly squeezed fruit juice combinations, coffees, and other cocktails. Plus, you'll get more than twenty terrific menus for special occasions-New Year's, Easter, Mother's Day, Christmas, birthdays, and more-and creative tips on how to set the ideal table and pull off the perfect brunch, whether for a cozy twosome or a hungry crowd.Complete with a helping of beautiful colorful photographs, Bubby's Brunch Cookbook is a thoroughly inspiring cookbook that takes brunch to a whole new level.From the Hardcover edition.
"One of my fondest childhood memories is of my aunt's pies cooling on the window sill, while father sat with his deputy . . . wait . . . that might be Opie Taylor. If you love pie, and I can only assume you do, Bubby's pies are the best. I'm eating one right now."--Jon Stewart"I almost ate the book! If my bubby made pies like this, I'd weigh 400 pounds."--Billy Crystal"If a pie cooling in a country breeze is your idea of baking nirvana, with its golden crust and juicy filling beckoning, then the delightful recipes in Bubby's Homemade Pies will guide you toward that goal and, perhaps, initiate the appearance of 'Pie of the Month' at your house. Now wouldn't that be a sweet and welcoming sight?"--Lisa Yockelson, award-winning author of Baking by Flavor and ChocolateChocolate"My dad always says, 'Save your fork, there's pie!'"--Kate Douglass, owner of The Spotted Pig
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.