- Table View
- List View
Brunch has become America's favorite culinary pastime, a wonderfully appetizing and leisurely dining experience unfettered by either time constraints or choice of entrée-and a ritual so increasingly popular that it's not just for Sundays anymore. And, hands down, no one does it better than Bubby's, the New York City destination restaurant that has been a hangout for hungry city dwellers and celebrities for nearly two decades. Luckily, you don't need to travel all the way to the Big Apple to savor Bubby's amazing array of brunch favorites. With nearly 200 delicious recipes, Bubby's Brunch Cookbook will help you turn your kitchen into a little piece of heaven. From biscuits to muffins, pancakes to omelets, smoked salmon to hot toddies, there's inspiration here for both beginner and seasoned chefs alike, and the easy-to-follow recipes invariably produce mouthwatering results. Bubby's owner and chef Ron Silver reveals the secrets behind his signature dishes-German Skillet-Baked Pancakes, Sizzling Ham and Gruyère Omelet, and Blueberry Scones-as well as scrumptious staples-Skillet Hash Browns, Creamy Buttermilk New Potato Salad, and six variations on classic Eggs Benedict. And don't forget Bubby's world famous Sour Cream Pancakes! Of course, no brunch is complete without libations, so Bubby's stirs up tasty original variations on Bloody Marys and Mimosas, as well as freshly squeezed fruit juice combinations, coffees, and other cocktails. Plus, you'll get more than twenty terrific menus for special occasions-New Year's, Easter, Mother's Day, Christmas, birthdays, and more-and creative tips on how to set the ideal table and pull off the perfect brunch, whether for a cozy twosome or a hungry crowd.Complete with a helping of beautiful colorful photographs, Bubby's Brunch Cookbook is a thoroughly inspiring cookbook that takes brunch to a whole new level.From the Hardcover edition.
"One of my fondest childhood memories is of my aunt's pies cooling on the window sill, while father sat with his deputy . . . wait . . . that might be Opie Taylor. If you love pie, and I can only assume you do, Bubby's pies are the best. I'm eating one right now."--Jon Stewart"I almost ate the book! If my bubby made pies like this, I'd weigh 400 pounds."--Billy Crystal"If a pie cooling in a country breeze is your idea of baking nirvana, with its golden crust and juicy filling beckoning, then the delightful recipes in Bubby's Homemade Pies will guide you toward that goal and, perhaps, initiate the appearance of 'Pie of the Month' at your house. Now wouldn't that be a sweet and welcoming sight?"--Lisa Yockelson, award-winning author of Baking by Flavor and ChocolateChocolate"My dad always says, 'Save your fork, there's pie!'"--Kate Douglass, owner of The Spotted Pig
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.