- Table View
- List View
Computational fluid dynamics, CFD, has become an indispensable tool for many engineers. This book gives an introduction to CFD simulations of turbulence, mixing, reaction, combustion and multiphase flows. The emphasis on understanding the physics of these flows helps the engineer to select appropriate models to obtain reliable simulations. Besides presenting the equations involved, the basics and limitations of the models are explained and discussed. The book combined with tutorials, project and power-point lecture notes (all available for download) forms a complete course. The reader is given hands-on experience of drawing, meshing and simulation. The tutorials cover flow and reactions inside a porous catalyst, combustion in turbulent non-premixed flow, and multiphase simulation of evaporation spray respectively. The project deals with design of an industrial-scale selective catalytic reduction process and allows the reader to explore various design improvements and apply best practice guidelines in the CFD simulations.
A solid introduction to mathematical modeling for a range of chemical engineering applications, covering model formulation, simplification and validation. It explains how to describe a physical/chemical reality in mathematical language and how to select the type and degree of sophistication for a model. Model reduction and approximation methods are presented, including dimensional analysis, time constant analysis and asymptotic methods. An overview of solution methods for typical classes of models is given. As final steps in model building, parameter estimation and model validation and assessment are discussed. The reader is given hands-on experience of formulating new models, reducing the models and validating the models. The authors assume the knowledge of basic chemical engineering, in particular transport phenomena, as well as basic mathematics, statistics and programming. The accompanying problems, tutorials, and projects include model formulation at different levels, analysis, parameter estimation and numerical solution.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.