- Table View
- List View
This volume has five units which include: Early Humans; The First Civilizations; Ancient India, China, and Central America; Ancient Israel and Greece; and the Rise and Fall of Rome.
The first page of every lesson lists the standards covered in that lesson. At the end of each lesson, a "What You Learned" box summarizes the lesson and lists its standards. The questions in Lesson Reviews, Chapter Reviews, and Unit Reviews all have standards next to them. You will also find standards next to each chart, graph, and activity.
This book contains sections on Families Long Ago, Exploring Our Earth, How Government Works, Our Needs and Wants, and Many Special People. The book has additional features: Reference Section, Skills and Features, Charts, Graphs, Diagrams and Maps.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.