- Table View
- List View
The outrageous, yet surprisingly moving, memoir of a girl who fled the Iranian Revolution--and found her salvation in the deliriously sexy life of a rock-'n'-roll groupie. Honest, provocative, and vividly written, The Last Living Slut is the memoir of Roxana Shirazi, who was raised traditionally in Tehran. After her family spirits her to the West in flight from the Iranian Revolution, Shirazi is led far astray by the sound--and the sex appeal--of rock and roll. Caught between her sexual appetites, passion for music (and musicians), and fear of being a bad seed, Shirazi bares her soul to offer a raw account of her life as an eager-to-please rock groupie. With appearances by members of Guns N' Roses, MÖtley CrÜe, Velvet Revolver, and many more, The Last Living Slut is a moving memoir of growing up in the political turbulence of Tehran; an unflinching portrayal of teenage cultural dislocation in London; a backstage romp that makes Pamela Des Barres's I'm with the Band read like a nun's diary; and a white-knuckled tale of jilted love and brutal revenge.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.