- Table View
- List View
This Nutshell presents an overview of the major federal disability laws with emphasis on the statutes, regulations, and significant points of substantive and procedural law. The fourth edition includes significant focus on the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), including its 2008 Amendment. Features coverage on constitutional rights; the definition of "disabled"; Rehabilitation Act of 1973; employment discrimination; programs and services; and housing, education, and transportation. Also reviews the many relevant areas of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), including the 2004 Amendments.
Text safeguarding the differently able against discrimination on basis of disability. The authors have stripped down the regulations, section by section analysis. They also include the statutory, regulatory and guidance documents as per the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504. A comprehensive book with 11Chapters; with the relevant reference material to interpreting American with Disability Act of 1990.
An edition that uses the advocacy approach to develop a set of materials of teaching children in the special education sector. This book presents the major principles to successful advocacy on behalf of special needs children by using meaningful real life experience.
The author, through empirical research on ADA, tries to formulate a framework that needs to be adopted by law and society to provide substantive equality to individuals with disabilities.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.