- Table View
- List View
This book contains The Process of Writing, The Forms of Writing, The Tools of Learning, The Proofreader's Guide, Using Punctuation, The Student Almanac, etc.
This is a sourcebook that intends to enhance the readers' reading and writing skills.
Why write? There are many good reasons to write. Writing lets you create stories, poems, and plays. It helps you learn and remember.
Writer's Express helps make writing an important part of your life, no matter if you are completing assignments in school or working on writing projects in your own neighborhood. The book is loaded with all kinds of great writing ideas and is divided into five major parts: 1. The Process of Writing, 2. The Forms of Writing, 3. The Tools of Learning, 4. The Proofreader's Guide, and 5. The Student Almanac.
This story is not unusual. Kids have been writing and acting out plays for a long time. Writing is a great way to express what you think or fell or imagine. That's why people write, and that's why we've create Writers Express for you. We also hope it help is helps you become a better reader, thinker, speaker, an all-around student. Not bad for one little book!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.