- Table View
- List View
A comprehensive survey of theoretical andexperimental concepts in fuel cell chemistryFuel cell science is undergoing significant development, thanks, in part, to a spectacular evolution of the electrocatalysis concepts, and both new theoretical and experimental methods. Responding to the need for a definitive guide to the field, Fuel Cell Science provides an up-to-date, comprehensive compendium of both theoretical and experimental aspects of the field.Designed to inspire scientists to think about the future of fuel cell technology, Fuel Cell Science addresses the emerging field of bio-electrocatalysis and the theory of heterogeneous reactions in fuel cell science and proposes potential applications for electrochemical energy production. The book is thorough in its coverage of the electron transfer process and structure of the electric double layer, as well as the development of operando measurements. Among other subjects, chapters describe: Recently developed strategies for the design, preparation, and characterization of catalytic materials for fuel cell electrodes, especially for new fuel cell cathodes A wide spectrum of theoretical and computational methods, with?the aim of?developing?new fuel cell catalysis concepts and improving existing designs to increase their performance.?Edited by two leading faculty, the book: Addresses the emerging fields of bio-electrocatalysis for fuel cells and theory of heterogeneous reactions for use in fuel cell catalysis Provides a survey of experimental and theoretical concepts in these new fields Shows the evolution of electrocatalysis concepts Describes the chemical physics of fuel cell reactions Forecasts future developments in electrochemical energy production and conversion Written for electrochemists and electrochemistry graduate students, electrocatalysis researchers, surface and physical chemists, chemical engineers, automotive engineers, and fuel cell and energy-related researchers, this modern compendium can help today's best minds meet the challenges in fuel science technology.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.