- Table View
- List View
The current medical literature contains ample text addressing the topics of trauma and critical care. However, there are few texts existing that specifically address the common surgical problems encountered by practicing acute care surgeons. Common Problems in Acute Care Surgery provides a comprehensive, evidence-based review of the most common clinical problems encountered by acute care surgeons. Focusing on the clinical care of the patient, this volume explores the general principles of acute care surgery and the specific disease states that are commonly encountered by acute care surgeons. The work also touches upon the ethical issues and systems development behind acute care surgery, including practical considerations for establishing an acute care surgery program, ethical considerations in acute care surgery, and the role of palliative care. Authored by respected experts in the field and illustrated throughout with detailed photographs, Common Problems in Acute Care Surgery is of great value to resident surgeons in training, fellows, and practicing surgeons in acute care surgery.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.