- Table View
- List View
Just as the ground war in Desert Storm begins, the U.S. military must destroy the most deadly weapon in Saddam Hussein's arsenal. An air strike is too risky. An infantry charge is too slow. Next move -- bring in the Navy SEALs! The place itself is meaningless -- a small island in the Persian Gulf. But on the island is a rocket full of anthrax. If it explodes, it is close enough to Kuwait to kill thousands of Kuwaitis and servicemen. If it is launched on a rocket, it is capable of reaching the U.S. military bases in Saudi Arabia. Only one group can destroy the weapon -- the Navy SEALs. Using a secret U.S. submarine, the SEALs understand how dangerous their mission will be. Even if they are able to get past Saddam's Republican Guard to their objective, the objective itself could kill them all. But with thousands of lives and the war itself hanging in the balance, they know there is no room for even the slightest mistake.
The SEALs never rest -- but neither do their enemies. Borders have been redrawn, old enemies have fallen, and new ones have arisen from the ashes to threaten civilization. While the Cold War has ended, it has left in its wake a Russia more unpredictable, more unstable, and more dangerous than ever before. Grigory Rostov, a former commander in the elite Spetznaz special forces -- turned arms dealer, knows how to procure some of the former USSR's most destructive and vulnerable weaponry. Selling these next generation Weapons of Mass Destruction to his client will almost certainly precipitate a war between the US and China, opening the door for Russia to be reclaim its place as a the sole remaining superpower, and making Rostov a millionaire in the process. The only thing that can prevent Taiwan from becoming Ground Zero in the next World War: a top secret new unit within the Navy SEALs.
Tasked with stopping a plot by Saddam Hussein, the SEALs must use all their skills and discipline to stop a biological rocket attack. The SEALs of the NSMD have only a narrow window to neutralise the threat. Only by using submarine technology and tactics can they hope to complete the mission. If they fail thousands, perhaps millions, of lives, could be lost. And if they succeed, no one will ever know what happened. Locked and loaded, the SEALs are ready for war.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.