- Table View
- List View
Taking the counsel of Hippocrates--"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food"--acclaimed author David Wolfe brings the wisdom of eating herbal medicine to today's health-conscious readers. His enthusiastic fan base, which includes celebrities such as Woody Harrelson and Angela Bassett, continues to blossom as more and more people realize the healing and immunity-boosting properties of raw and medicinal foods. In Chaga, Wolfe presents the many virtues of medicinal mushrooms, which boost immunity, stave off allergies and asthma, help fight against cancer, and generally improve core vitality. But the star of the book is chaga--"the king of the mushrooms"--which holds the greatest storehouse of medicinal properties of any mushroom species. In addition to exploring the extraordinary history, lore, scientific research, and future of this potent healing mushroom, Wolfe provides readers with recipes for teas, soups, fermentations, and tinctures--as well as tips on how to obtain quality chaga products. Other mushrooms are also discussed, such as the fabled queen of the medicinal mushrooms, reishi--which promotes a healthy immune system--and the cordyceps--which fights fatigue, improves endurance, increases lung capacity, and more. The wealth of wisdom, research, recipes, and advice will enlighten and satisfy Wolfe's fans, as well as any reader curious about natural ways to improve health and promote healing.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.