- Table View
- List View
Since the discovery of the pharmacological and toxicological importance of inhibiting the cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), much research has gone into the development of methods to study the biological functions of COX-1 and COX-2. In Cyclooxygenases: Methods and Protocols, experts and pioneers in the field present the most up-to-date in vitro and in vivo techniques routinely used in COX research. The volume delves into essential topics such as the purification, cloning, and expression of COX enzymes as well as in vitro assays aimed at determining the inhibitory potency of drugs on COX-1 and COX-2 activities, with chapters describing protocols used for the extraction and measurement of the prostanoids. This volume also describes in vivo disease models used to study the roles of COX-1 and COX-2 in gastrointestinal injury, inflammation, and pain. As a book in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series, the protocols chapters include brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Cyclooxygenases: Methods and Protocols serves as an indispensable tool for all scientists seeking the treatment of inflammation, pain, fever, and other harmful conditions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.