- Table View
- List View
Short stories about children with their pets.
Here kitty, kitty! Would you like to hear a story? Here is a chance to cozy up with your cat and treat her to three new stories written just for felines. If your cat likes to wake up early-very early-then she'll think this book is the cat's meow. Sara Swan Miller and True Kelley, author and illustrator of Three Stories You Can Read to Your Cat, have again joined forces to create three new and hilarious adventures that will have readers everywhere happily purring. So do your cat a favor and read her this book. Just remember to pet your pet while you read!
Did you ever wonder why your dog sleeps so much? Perhaps your dog is bored. Maybe it's raining and your dog can't go outside. On days like this, you can always read a book. But most dogs can't read, even the smart ones. There is something really nice you can do for your dog, however. Sara Swan Miller and True Kelley have joined forces to create three new and funny dog adventures. Read your dog the stories in this book-and always remember to pet your dog while you read!
Why do cats sleep so much? Maybe they are bored. Maybe they cannot think of anything else to do. What if you had to sit inside all day? You might get bored too. You can do a nice thing for your cat - you can read these stories out loud. They are funny stories about things cats think about and things cats like to do, and they have lots of funny pictures. Invite your cat to come hear a story - but ask nicely! Cats hate being told what to do. Sara Swan Miller and True Kelley, author and artist of the highly popular Three Stories You Can Read to Your Dog, have joined forces to prove again that they know what will delight young readers and their pets.
Does your dog sleep a lot? Maybe your dog is bored. When you feel bored, you can read a book. But dogs can't read. Here's a good way to make your dog happy. You can read these three stories alod. They are about things dogs understand best -- burglars, bones, and running free -- and they have lively pictures of dogs doing exciting things. And don't forget to pet your dog while you're reading. Dogs like that too.
Is your teddy bear awfully quiet? Does he just sit on your bed and stare at the wall? Maybe he is bored. When you're bored, you can read a book, but Teddy can't. Or can he? . . . Maybe you should read this story out loud to your teddy bear. He may blush, though, because you'll find out about all the things he does when you leave for school. Just make sure to hug your furry friend when you're done reading-even teddy bears make mistakes! Sara Swan Miller and True Kelly, author and illustrator of Three Stories You Can Read to Your Cat and Three Stories You Can Read to Your Dog, have done it again with three comical new stories-this time about teddy bears. Who knew that teddy bears are just as adventurous as cats and dogs?
An introduction to turtles that includes descriptions of fifteen species and recommendations for finding, identifying, and observing them.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.