- Table View
- List View
IT managers' work cannot be achieved without collaboration and teamwork. "Building a High-Performance Team" is intended to provide IT managers with informative and practical advice and tips on how to create a high-performance team.
Coaching for High Performance is intended to inspire IT managers with practical advice and tips on how to create a coaching environment in their department. Applying coaching skills in the IT workplace will help create an environment of high performance. Coaching enables people, improves performance and enhances the quality of work. Furthermore, it is a skill that is readily usable by all. It is a set of behaviors which can be used during a five- minute chat with a colleague or a direct report, during a one-to-one meeting, a performance review or as part of an IT project meeting.
When your organisation can no longer meet its deadlines, or provide customers with the high quality of service they expect, you have a problem. Unplanned absence also has a bad effect on morale, putting the rest of the team under pressure as they struggle to deal with the additional workload. Unplanned absence can occur as a result of force majeure (for example, when an airline is hit by strike action), or because of poor employee motivation and commitment. This pocket guide, based on best practice guidelines, looks at what you can do to ensure your employees fulfil their obligations and turn up as required. It then gets to grips with the question of how your organisation should handle unplanned absences before and when they arise. While you may not be able to prevent unplanned absence altogether, the advice contained in this guide will help you to keep the extra costs and disruption associated with unplanned absence to a minimum.
Intended to provide IT managers with practical advice and tips on how to become an effective manager, this book will help readers assess where their strengths and development areas lie as a manager and create a plan of action for realizing their management potential.
Effective time-management techniques to revolutionise the way you work!Do you struggle to get everything done in the time you have available? Are you deluged with interruptions to your work flow? Do you find it difficult to prioritise your tasks and wish you were more organised? Today's working environment moves at a very fast pace and, at times, it can be difficult to keep up. Expectations are high, and there are so many things competing for our attention. On top of the workload, we're interrupted by the phone ringing, e-mails landing in the inbox, people dropping in the office and, before we know it, the day has passed and we've only achieved half of what we intended to do. If any of this sounds familiar, then this book is for you! Essential Time Management and Organisation will help you transform the way you work and regain control of your working day. This clear and concise guide offers tried and tested techniques for organising your time and achieving your goals. Be more productiveDrawing on current best practice and personal experience, Sarah Cook shows you how to:accomplish more in the working dayreduce your stress levels by being more organisedget things done efficiently and effectivelyenjoy a reputation as a highly-efficient member of the team. Improve your working practicesWith the help of clear diagrams, checklists and models, this pocket guide will enable you to:transform your methods of workingprioritise your tasksfollow the 4D model for dealing with e-mailstake full advantage of your most productive time of daymanage interruptionseliminate timewastersdelegate effectively - including upwards!
"Leading for Success" is designed to assist IT managers in understanding the characteristics of an effective leader, to help them assess where their strengths and development areas are, and to create a plan of action for realizing their leadership potential.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.