- Table View
- List View
Don't just survive - thrive! That's the message of this state-of-the-art guide to diabetes management. From causes, symptoms and side effects to treatments and diet, this book will help British diabetics understand all types of diabetes and delivers sound advice on staying fit and feeling great. The best-selling second edition has been updated to cover key information on managing pre-diabetes, plus new content on screening tests, medications and lifestyle advice. With additional information on the latest advances in therapy for diabetes and its complications, this new edition will make sure you're covered from every aspect.
In Pregnancy For DummiesDr Sarah Jarvis takes the reader through pregnancy,trimester bytrimester,following the baby's growth and describing medical issues that might ensue.This UK edition includes information on:Getting the best care from the NHS for you and your babyWelfare benefits for mothers and mums to be.The newborn babyTaking care of yourself after deliveryChoosing breast- or bottle-feedingSpecial considerations,such as age, multiple births, complications, illness New ultrasound techniques,such as 4DWorking while pregnant and deciding when to returnConsidering "alternative birth"proceduresSelecting and using an infant car seatPreparing home,family and siblings for new babyCaring for a premature child
Everything expectant mums need to know, trimester by trimesterBoth new and seasoned parents alike have questions and concerns over the course of the nine-month adventure. Pregnancy For Dummies offers comfort and reassurance while serving as a guide to what mother and baby experience before, during, and just after birth. Here, you'll find expert advice on diets and exercise when you're pregnant; guidance on following your baby's development, trimester by trimester; tips on how to prepare for the big day; techniques for taking care of yourself before and after delivery; and support for caring for a newborn baby.Pregnancy For Dummies gives parents-to-be authoritative, friendly, up-to-date advice on every aspect of pregnancy and childbirth. This new edition offers all of the latest information expecting parents want to know, including medical and nutritional information and updated resources/changes in NHS practice, so that new mums will feel prepared and reassured ahead of the birth. A guide to what mother and baby experience before, during, and just after birth Helpful information on preparing for pregnancy Advice on diet and exercise during pregnancy Information on your rights and welfare benefits Guidance on how to care for a newborn babyIf you're an expectant mum looking for practical, down-to-earth guidance on what to expect before, during, and after pregnancy, Pregnancy For Dummies will keep you prepared and reassured every step along the way.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.