This book is a research-based curriculum that focuses on developing students' conceptual understanding and skills through step-by-step instruction.
The major sections of this book are units. Units are divided into chapters, and each opens with a vocabulary preview. The lessons in this book have two parts: core and extend that bring social studies to life and help you meet your state's standards.
This book contains topics on Our Land and Its Government, The Civil War, Transforming a Nation, The Early Twentieth Century, Modern America and Linking to the Present.
Textbook on how communities function.
Learn about Tennessee, its people, economics, geography and history.
The history of the United States is an exciting story about people, places, and events. In this book, you'll read about brave actions, tough decisions, and great ideas, past and present. As you study, you'll be achieving Georgia's standards. These are learning goals to help you understand who has made a difference in your nation's history and why the events of the past are so important. The standards also help you develop geography and thinking skills--and understand personal finance.
Learn about Pennsylvania: the land, the people, the history and the present.
To learn everything about Tennessee you have to read this book. You will find details about its people, regions, cultures, geography, government and history.
This book covers the culture, economics, geography, governance & civics, history, individuals, groups and interactions of Tennessee.
Houghton Mifflin Social Studies: The United States, Canada, and Latin America (New York City Edition)by Herman J. Viola Cheryl Jennings Sarah Witham Bednarz Carlos E. Cortés Mark C. Schug Charles S. White
The United States, Canada, and Latin America, inter alia, contains Interactive lesson summaries of Geography, Early Civilizations in the Americas, European Exploration, Creating a New Nation, A Time of Change, Growth and Expansion, Geography and Early People, Spanish and Portuguese Colonies, Modern Latin America, Geography and First Peoples, Colonial Canada, Modern Canada, Government in the Americas, and The Western Hemisphere Today.
History textbook about the past 150 years in the USA.
This Social Studies book contains topics on: Our Land and First People, Exploration and Settlement, The English Colonies, The American Revolution, The New Nation, The Civil War, and Linking to Today.
The history of United States is told in this textbook through the research of historians, through quotations, letters, songs, and voices from the past, and through images, fine art, and data--a rich resource for learning.
This social studies textbook is set in accordance to the Tennessee curriculum standards.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.