- Table View
- List View
Blessed are Corrie and Fee, for theirs is the kingdom of the world's tastiest farmhouse cheese. Tucked away in a corner of Ireland, the lifelong friends turn out batch after batch of perfect Coolarney Blues and Golds, thanks to co-operative cows, non-meat-eating fecund milkmaids, and the wind blowing just so in the right direction. Add to this mixture Corrie's long-lost granddaughter Abbey, fresh from a remote but by no means backward island where her husband has been on a mission - although not quite the kind which Abbey had imagined. And stir in New Yorker Kit Stephens, heart-broken, burned-out and permanently hungover, and you have a recipe for disaster.The magic that Corrie and Fee weave in and out of the cheese vats is legendary, but can they use their powers to turn bitterness and betrayal into love - or will the secret ingredient be lost to Coolarney cheese forever?
For Esme MacDougall Stack, it began in an ancient underground boulangerie in southwest France. Here, with the scent of boules cooking in an oak-fired oven, artisan-baker Louis Lapoine introduced the innocent nineteen-year-old to the exquisite parallel pleasures of making bread and making love. Although their affair ended in heartbreak, for Esme, sensual joy and sourdough would forever after be inextricably entwined. Fifteen years later, Esme is living by the sea east of London with her husband, Pog, their four-and-a-half-year-old son, and her grandmother and father-in-law. Esme may no longer be the career-driven, model-thin girl she once was, yet throughout her marriage, one thing has remained a blissful, eagerly awaited constant: Every day she has risen at the crack of dawn to bake sourdough bread from scratch, lovingly kneading the dough from the starter Louis once gave her. But now a major domestic crisis looms. It has been exactly thirty-three days since Esme baked a loaf, and her family fears that their home - the wonderfully eccentric House in the Clouds - will never again smell of crust and comfort. Then, just when Esme is ready to take her life firmly in hand again, an unexpected encounter in a London restaurant sends her world careening wildly off its axis - forcing her to come to terms with the past and a tragedy that has been haunting her for the past two years.--BOOK JACKET. Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Sugar Wallace did not believe in love at first sight, but her bees did. . . .Every spring Sugar Wallace coaxes her sleepy honeybee queen--presently the sixth in a long line of Queen Elizabeths--out of the hive and lets her crawl around a treasured old map. Wherever the queen stops is their next destination, and this year it's New York City.Sugar sets up her honeybees on the balcony of an East Village walk-up and then--as she's done everywhere since leaving South Carolina--she gets to know her neighbors. She is, after all, a former debutante who believes that manners make the world a better place even if they seem currently lacking in the big city.Plus, she has a knack for helping people. There's Ruby with her scrapbook of wedding announcements; single mom Lola; reclusive chef Nate; and George, a courtly ex-doorman. They may not know what to make of her bees and her politeness, but they can't deny the magic in her honey.And then there's Theo, a delightfully kind Scotsman who crosses Sugar's path as soon as she gets into town and is quickly besotted. But love is not on the menu for Sugar. She likes the strong independent woman she's become since leaving the South and there's nothing a charmer like Theo can do to change her mind . . . only her bees can do that.The Wedding Bees is a novel about finding sweetness where you least expect it and learning to love your way home.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.