- Table View
- List View
Commander Drake Roscoe stops a criminal mastermind attempting to take over America starting with the state of New York.
A strange epidemic sweeps the French Riviera - a biological weapon created by Dr. Fu-Manchu. Dr. Petrie is called upon by the French authorities, and when the truth emerges, Denis Nayland-Smith is summoned to help stop his arch-foe before he can succeed in spreading his plague across Europe. As they struggle to contain the horror, Petrie's friend, the botanist Alan Sterling cannot stop thinking of the mysterious Fleurette, unaware that the beautiful girl he chanced upon was raised by the emperor of evil himself, Dr. Fu-Manchu. One of the finest novels in the series, its biological theme is a precursor to Ian Fleming's On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and Fu-Manchu himself is the prototypical Dr. No.
Across the sands of Egypt, Nayland Smith pursues Fah Lo Suee, the deadly daughter of Fu-Manchu. Possessed of all her father's subversive secrets and driven by his unquenchable thirst for power, she has pillaged the tomb of the Black Ape for the key to its ancient mysteries - and therefore leadership over all the evil cults of the East. No one can stop her - except perhaps Fu-Manchu himself!A brand-new edition of the classic novel.
After discovering the tomb of El Mokanna - the Veiled Prophet - and retrieving the precious relics buried there, the eminent archaeologist Sir Lionel Barton blows up the tomb. The heretic sect faithful to Mokanna interpret the fireball as their prophet's second coming, and a violent uprising begins. Meanwhile, the insidious Dr. Fu-Manchu senses an opportunity to use the powerful relics for his own evil ends. The action stretches from Persia to Cairo, then back to London, including an extraordinary confrontation inside of the Great Pyramid. Along the way his opponents face Ogboni killers, mind-control drugs, dervishes, and a "ghost mosque."
London, 1913--the era of Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, and the Invisible Man. A time of shadows, secret societies, and dens filled with opium addicts. Into this world comes the most fantastic emissary of evil society has ever known... Dr. Fu-Manchu.Denis Nayland Smith pursues his quarry across continents and through the back alleys of London. As victim after victim disappears at the hands of the Devil Doctor, Smith must unravel his murderous plot before it is too late. Includes a special feature by Leslie S. Kilnger
Fu-Manchu journeys to the United States for the first time, and is the power behind a "League of Good Americans" candidate for the presidency. From Niagara Falls to the catacombs of NY's Chinatown, Nayland Smith and federal agent Mark Hepburn seek to stop the Devil Doctor and his plan to assassinate a presidential candidate--30 years before The Manchurian Candidate!BONUS FEATURE: This volume includes the first of three "lost adventures of Nayland Smith". "The Blue Monkey," follows Smith and Petrie as they become embroiled in a murder investigation in Dartmoor. It appeared in Rohmer's 1920 book of short fiction, The Haunting of Low Fennel, and has only previously been included with the Fu-Manchu stories in France and Belgium.
London, 1913--the era of Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, and the Invisible Man. A time of shadows, secret societies, and dens filled with opium addicts. Into this world comes the most fantastic emissary of evil society has ever known... Dr. Fu-Manchu.The insidious doctor returns to Great Britain with his league of assassins, the dreaded Si-Fan. He seeks to subvert the realm at the highest levels, but Fu-Manchu has his own secrets--which he will protect by any means.
The seventh book of the complete, fully authorized series written by the creator of Fu-Manchu, the acclaimed Sax Rohmer. Following the events of The Bride of Fu-Manchu, it is considered one of Rohmer's finest.Fu-Manchu is trapped, cornered in London and cut-off from his resources, including the elixir vitae that grants him eternal life. But under the Thames, the devil doctor practices the dark art of sorcery, and it will be up to Nayland Smith and Scotland Yard to stop him. But Fu-Manchu may possess the key to victory, when he kidnaps Dr. Petrie's wife, Fleurette!ALSO IN THIS BOOK: The first of three lost novels by Sax Rohmer, starring Fu-Manchu's eternal nemesis, Sir Denis Nayland Smith.
Sir Gregory Hale returns to London from Mongolia with a mysterious Tulun-Nur chest that holds the "key to India," a vital secret of the Fu Manchu's notorious Si-Fan organization. Unfortunately Hale is murdered before he is able to disclose the secret to Nayland Smith. The Burmese police commissioner and Dr. Petrie launch a mission to affront the brilliant but deadly master criminal before he succeeds in his malignant and fantastic plot to take over the world. In pursuit of the Devil Doctor, Smith and Petrie must escape numerous assassination attempts and battle an insect army. They are faced with multiple mysteries including: the Zagazig Code, the Shrine of Seven Lamps, and the Chapel of Satan. The future of the free world depends on the success of Smith and Petrie defeating the villainous Hand of Fu Manchu. Fu-Manchu Series #3
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.