- Table View
- List View
The Best Resource Available for Getting Your Fiction Published!The 2013 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market is the best resource available for fiction writers to get their short stories, novellas, and novels published. As with past editions, Novel & Short Story Writer's Market offers hundreds of listings for book publishers, literary agents, fiction publications, contests and more. Each listing includes contact information, submission guidelines, and other important tips.Fiction writers will also find and increased focus on editorial to help give context to the listing content. From amazing craft articles (crafting emotion in fiction) to helpful business advice (marketing a small press book), the 2013 Novel & Short Story Writer's Market offers everything a fiction writer looking to get published could want.PLEASE NOTE: Free subscriptions are NOT included with the e-book edition of this title.
Like a bird-watching guide? only for monsters Monsters represent the dark side of humanity#150;the primal, animal impulses that reside in every single one of us. They have preyed upon our imaginations and our fears since the dawn of civilization. North America is home to a wide array of fearsome beasts, including hairy monsters, flying monsters, lake monsters, and other unexplained phenomena. Monster Spotter's Guidegeographically catalogs more than one hundred legendary monsters reported to inhabit the continent. From the mythical Sasquatch of the Pacific Northwest to the vicious Mexican goatsucker known as El Chupacabra, you'll read about the legends and major sightings of the most widely feared creatures reported to exist#150;plus a few you might have never heard of. Within these pages you'll find detailed pen-and-ink drawings, helpful quick-reference boxes for immediate identification of key monster traits, a glossary of cryptozoology terms, useful appendices, case studies and more. Let this book be your guide, and explore the legends for yourself. Anyone can be a monster spotter'when you start looking, you never know what you might find.
This compelling book provides you with eighteen insightful interviews with bestselling authors, writing instructors, agents, award-winning writers and more. Youll learn how to create characters, plot more effectively, live the writers life with purpose and abandon, and much more. Interviewees include Orson Scott Card, George Singleton, Donald Maass, Dinty Moore, Peter Selgin, James Alexander Thom, and many more. The interviews are casual, relaxed, revealing and instructive. Dig in
"It's a dangerous business, going out your front door. " In the age of men, one must face myriad challenges: epic quests, imminent danger, the evil gaze of Sauron . . . okay, so maybe not. But wouldn't life's day-to-day challenges be easier if one were to take a cue from the diminutive hobbit? WithThe Unofficial Hobbit Handbookas your guide, you'll be ready to brave the difficulties, discomforts, and occasional orcs you may encounter. Become acquainted and form fellowships with the peoples of Middle-earth: elves, dwarves, wizards, Ents, and more Learn about the dangerous creatures that lurk in the lands beyond the Shire: orcs, wolves, and dragons Use hobbit tactics of running away, hiding, and disappearing (with or without the use of magical rings) Discover the proper etiquette for the delivery and solving or riddles So put another log on the fire, cut another slice of seed-cake (is it time for elevenses already?) and curl up withThe Unofficial Hobbit Handbook. You'd never consider going on a nasty adventure, but it's always best to be prepared, right?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.