Fundamentals of III-V Semiconductor MOSFETs presents the fundamentals and current status of research of compound semiconductor metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) that are envisioned as a future replacement of silicon in digital circuits. The material covered begins with a review of specific properties of III-V semiconductors and available technologies making them attractive to MOSFET technology, such as band-engineered heterostructures, effect of strain, nanoscale control during epitaxial growth. Due to the lack of thermodynamically stable native oxides on III-V's (such as SiO2 on Si), high-k oxides are the natural choice of dielectrics for III-V MOSFETs. The key challenge of the III-V MOSFET technology is a high-quality, thermodynamically stable gate dielectric that passivates the interface states, similar to SiO2 on Si. Several chapters give a detailed description of materials science and electronic behavior of various dielectrics and related interfaces, as well as physics of fabricated devices and MOSFET fabrication technologies. Topics also include recent progress and understanding of various materials systems; specific issues for electrical measurement of gate stacks and FETs with low and wide bandgap channels and high interface trap density; possible paths of integration of different semiconductor materials on Si platform.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.