A New York Times reviewer describes this book: "The story of a moose who was too hospitable for his own good is told in verses which march in double-quick time. The colorful pictures are scenes of happy confusion." Pictures are described. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy. Blind parents who have sighted children may find this book especially useful.
This never-ever-before-seen picture book by Dr. Seuss about making up one's mind is the literary equivalent of buried treasure! What happens when a brother and sister visit a pet store to pick a pet? Naturally, they can't choose just one! <P><P> The tale captures a classic childhood moment--choosing a pet--and uses it to illuminate a life lesson: that it is hard to make up your mind, but sometimes you just have to do it! <P> Told in Dr. Seuss's signature rhyming style, this is a must-have for Seuss fans and book collectors, and a perfect choice for the holidays, birthdays, and happy occasions of all kinds. <P> An Editor's Note at the end discusses Dr. Seuss's pets, his creative process, and the discovery of the manuscript and illustrations for What Pet Should I Get?
Includes three humorous stories in verse: Yertle the Turtle, Gertrude McFuzz, and The Big Brag.
You're Only Old Once! Is this a children's book? Well... not immediately. You buy a copy for your child now and you give it to him on his 70th birthday. If laughter is the best medicine, then You're Only Old Once! is a delightful new defense against aging. Anyone who has ever submitted to a battery of medical tests will empathize with Dr. Seuss's Everyman in this wry book. In it we follow our hapless hero through his checkup with the experts at the Golden Years Clinic. From the initial Eyesight and Solvency Test HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY THESE TESTS ARE COSTING YOU? --through all the stops along Stethoscope Row to finally being "properly pilled" and "properly billed," Dr. Seuss lightens the aches and pains of growing old with his inimitable wit and wisdom. While you're waiting for your child to turn 70, why not test-run You're Only Old Once! on an obsolete child now?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.