- Table View
- List View
Reporter genes have been used for several decades to study regulation of gene expression in vivo. However, it was little more than a decade ago that a new class of reporter genes was developed for imaging molecular events within living subjects. By following the interactions of protein molecules, researchers can resolve the complex chemical pathways that living cells utilise. This book focuses on this group of imaging reporter genes, starting with detailed descriptions of all reporter genes from different imaging modalities, including optical, MRI, and radionuclide-based imaging. Key scientists in the field explain how to enhance reporter gene imaging utility through instrumentation and the various applications of this technology. This is the first comprehensive book on all aspects of reporter gene imaging, detailing what is known in the field and future goals for research. Investigators in biomedical sciences, physicians, and the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries will benefit from topics covered.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.