- Table View
- List View
Can men and women live together as friends or are sparks destined to fly? When the tension begins to melt into temptation in this novel, it threatens to destroy the relationships of friends and lovers. Three years ago, when Melina Bradford moved into her brownstone apartment in Brooklyn, she didn't anticipate living with anyone--certainly not a man like Malik Denton. Sexist. Crass. Obnoxious. The roommates are a case of polar opposites. An attractive accountant with her own burgeoning firm, Melina's reserved nature clashes with Malik's carefree, single male lifestyle. After a year of living together, the roommates discover things about one another that would have been better left unsaid. Recently engaged to one of the most successful African-American men in the country, Melina finds herself questioning what her future will be like. Though Ellison Harlow III can provide Melina with financial security, she wonders if he can sustain her emotionally. Malik eagerly provides Melina with the excitement she is missing in her life with Ellison. With a wedding looming, the roommates ponder why they came into each other's lives and whether they can live without one another. They can't...and they won't.
All the ingredients for the quintessential guilty pleasure: one part culinary delight, with a dash of romance, and a pinch of suspense--mixed up into a deliciously sexy novel. Wouldn't love be easy if it could be followed like a recipe? Jade, a sassy restaurateur, has mastered her share of recipes except for one: she can't figure out the essential ingredients when it comes to love. There is one too many men in the mix. Jade is struggling to come to terms with being dumped by Bryce after four years. She surprises herself by agreeing to a date with Cain a mere three weeks after their painful break-up. But right as she moves on, Bryce decides that he wants her back. Jade can only hope that his obsessive pursuit of reconciliation doesn't ruin her own pursuit of happiness. Jade loves her new relationship with Cain, but her friends aren't always supportive and she resorts to lies and deception. But just as Jade settles into life with Cain, her lies come back to haunt her and she has no one to blame but herself. She discovers that she must face the error of her own ways before it's too late to salvage what matters to her most.
What happens when the man you fall for isn't who he says he is? As games are played and disguises are shed in this intriguing story, more than hearts are at stake for a man who toys with others' emotions.Meet Marcel, Camden, and Julian. They're all experts at the same game, but each in his own way: Marcel has perfected the art of first impressions and can charm a woman out of her clothes with his hypnotic gaze and dazzling smile; Camden is master of the million-dollar image, donning designer labels and driving exotic cars; and Julian is the king of romance--he'll pen poetic verses, send a woman flowers, and bathe her by candlelight until she's drowning in notions of love. Any woman would dream of having one of these men in her life. But what happens when that perfect man turns out to be someone else--a perpetrator named Avery Woodson? Things aren't always as they seem... Posing as Marcel, Camden and Julian, Avery has been playing games with women for years. To him they're entertainment and nothing more. Predictable. Interchangeable. Expendable. Avery enjoys the challenge of collecting hearts, and after each acquisition he pursues an even greater conquest--until he meets Indiya Spencer. He soon finds it hard to toy with Indiya the way he does other women and discovers that he's not immune to falling for someone. As Avery slips deeper emotionally and falls prey to Indiya's wiles, it becomes apparent that she's hiding her own dark secrets. The perpetrator has finally met his match and stands to lose more than just his heart--he might just get consumed by the flames.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.