- Table View
- List View
101 Things You Didn't Know about Da Vinci: The Secrets of the World's Most Eccentric and Innovative Genius Revealed!by Shana Priwer Cynthia Phillips
Thanks To The international bestseller The Da Vinci Code, people are more fascinated with Leonardo Da Vinci than ever. This multitalented man--arguably the greatest genius of all time--was not only a magnificent artist, scientist, and inventor, but also a politically minded radical who defied convention and participated in secret societies. This engaging, entertaining book reveals all the secrets about this wildly gifted man, from his prescient inventions and his lost art to his animal rights activism and his sexual preferences--not to mention his enemies and allies in the dark, turbulent world of his time. Readers learn everything they didn't know about the quintessential Renaissance Man the easy way, thanks to the fun, breezy style of 101 Things You Didn't Know about Da Vinci.
The Everything Astronomy Book, by noted SETI Institute scientist Dr. Cynthia Phillips, helps you stargaze with authority. The book not only provides clear descriptions of all the theories of the origins of the universe, it explains the facts about the planets, moons, and stars in language anyone can understand-completely free of the usual astro-jargon. In addition, common myths are debunked: Find out why the Big Dipper is not an actual constellation, and that a shooting star isn't really a star at all!
The Everything Cooking for Baby and Toddler Book is the perfect tool to help you create a balanced, natural diet that your little one will actually enjoy!
Whatever you've heard about Leonardo Da Vinci, the truth is even more fascinating! From his provocative relationship with the church and secret societies such as the Freemasons to the secrets behind his art and inventions, Da Vinci was a man ahead of his time who willingly paid the price to live life his way. This multitalented man, arguably the greatest genius of all time, was not only a magnificent artist, scientist, and inventor, but also a politically-minded radical who defied convention at every turn in his rich, amazing life. WithThe Everything Da Vinci Book, you'll immerse yourself in the extraordinary mind, heart, and soul of this quintessential Renaissance man, and be inspired to live your own life to the fullest!
Readers will learn everything they didn't know about the quintessential Renaissance Man, the easy "Everything" way.
- His childhood curiosities and unusual education- The scientific climate of Einstein's time and the people who influenced him- His theories, their impact, and their potential for future application- Einstein's philosophies on war, religion, and pacifism- Einstein in America
"Amazing & Extraordinary Facts: Leonardo Da Vinci" is a unique collection of surprising revelations and quirky stories about one of the most amazing people ever to have lived. This engaging volume reveals Da Vinci's phenomenal accomplishments, including mathematical discoveries, investigating the secrets of the human body, inventing a robot and even his plans to divert the entire Arno River! Brief, accessible and entertaining pieces on a wide variety of subjects makes it the perfect book to dip in to. "The Amazing and Extraordinary Facts" series presents interesting, surprising and little-known facts and stories about a wide range of topics which are guaranteed to inform, absorb and entertain in equal measure.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.