- Table View
- List View
This book provides an executive review of the field of public relations with a focus on what managers need to know in order to master the function quickly and effectively. Throughout the text, we integrate the academic with the professional by asking, how can an executive use this knowledge to make the most of the public relations function, department, and initiatives in order to help their whole organization be successful? , , , and of the book provide the busy manager with the taxonomy of the public relations field, provide research on the theory of public relations, and examine the structure of organizations and where public relations fits within that structure. , , , and examine how public relations should be conducted in order to achieve maximum results and provide a comprehensive review of public relations strategy, including how to conduct a public relations campaign. , , , and discuss the organizational settings most common in public relations: corporate, agency, government, or public affairs and nonprofit or advocacy groups and the public relations approaches common in each. We review what research finds regarding the most excellent ways to manage public relations and the best ways to analyze and address the ethical challenges to be faced in public relations. We occasionally use short case examples to illustrate and apply the main points managers will need to know in order to manage public relations effectively. Throughout this book, we focus on the managerial pursuits in public relations, such as strategic relationship maintenance, segmentation of publics, and conducting research. We offer insight into the managerial activities of issues management, lobbying and advocacy, creating stakeholder relationships, reputation management, ethical counsel, and corporate communication. We examine the most current thought in public relations to help the busy manager master the most important concepts in the field quickly, accessibly, and with an eye toward helping an organization or client achieve the most effective results through cutting-edge, modern, research-based strategic public relations management.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.