- Table View
- List View
This book provides an executive review of the field of public relations with a focus on what managers need to know in order to master the function quickly and effectively. Throughout the text, we integrate the academic with the professional by asking, how can an executive use this knowledge to make the most of the public relations function, department, and initiatives in order to help their whole organization be successful? , , , and of the book provide the busy manager with the taxonomy of the public relations field, provide research on the theory of public relations, and examine the structure of organizations and where public relations fits within that structure. , , , and examine how public relations should be conducted in order to achieve maximum results and provide a comprehensive review of public relations strategy, including how to conduct a public relations campaign. , , , and discuss the organizational settings most common in public relations: corporate, agency, government, or public affairs and nonprofit or advocacy groups and the public relations approaches common in each. We review what research finds regarding the most excellent ways to manage public relations and the best ways to analyze and address the ethical challenges to be faced in public relations. We occasionally use short case examples to illustrate and apply the main points managers will need to know in order to manage public relations effectively. Throughout this book, we focus on the managerial pursuits in public relations, such as strategic relationship maintenance, segmentation of publics, and conducting research. We offer insight into the managerial activities of issues management, lobbying and advocacy, creating stakeholder relationships, reputation management, ethical counsel, and corporate communication. We examine the most current thought in public relations to help the busy manager master the most important concepts in the field quickly, accessibly, and with an eye toward helping an organization or client achieve the most effective results through cutting-edge, modern, research-based strategic public relations management.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.