- Table View
- List View
Set in Bengali society of the early 1900's this novel is a depiction of orthodox Hindu society in conflict with Western thoughts brought in by British rule is good.
Grihdaha is an exploration of noble and complex human emotions and relationships and the triumph of love suffused with pain and suffering. Both the narratives make for an easy reading with their imaginative descriptions, lucid language and artistic cohesion. Due to the intence of emotions it has caught the imaginations of people of all ages.
Another classic of Sharat Chandra's novels. An intense story of friendship, love and betrayal. A story depicting the bygone era and the society of the times. Many things are still relevant as the human nature never changes. A must read for the lovers of literature and a soup for soul.
This is the Hindi translation of the book Pather Daavi written originally in Bangla by the Great Writer Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay. This novel is considered important also because of the dominant feeling of the love for home country. The importance could be understood by the fact that it was seized by the Britishers.
A beautiful weaving of threads of letters and quite unique to the tradition of Bengali writings of the time. The controversial novel "ultimate question", asks tough question to the society. The Characters take part in discussion in whether love can be shifted. Case of Shahjahan is discussed vigorously. Protagonist believes that a mental attitude that refuses to change is not healthy. Certainly a great piece of literature and a must read.
A story of a Brahmin boy who narrates series of events in his past twenty years.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.