- Table View
- List View
"Technology: Engineering & Design" helps students understand and apply technology presented in an engineering context. It describes the engineering design process and how it is used to solve technological challenges. In this program students explore the nature of technology, technology systems, and the history, evolution, and characteristics of technology as well as its impact on our society, culture, economy, politics, and environment.
Technology: Today and Tomorrow is a technology literacy textbook for high school. It uses the systems approach (input, process, output, feedback) to inform students about communication and bio-related technology. The text teaches students about the nature of technology and its role in our lives. It provides information about the history and evolution of technology; the characteristics of technology; and its impact on our society, culture, economy, politics and environment. Hands-on activities give students experience in designing and using technology. "Directed" activities provide step-by-step procedures. "Design and problem solving" activities guide students to use the problem-solving process to develop their own solutions. Cross-curricular activities in the Chapter Review pages relate technology to other subjects, such as science, mathematics, language arts and social studies.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.