- Table View
- List View
Reduced workforces, hiring freezes, productivity pressures--it's clear that now, more than ever, every employee counts. With 101 practical, easy-to-implement tips,The Happy Employeewill help you identify and attract the most talented employees, retain them, and make sure they're happy and productive. Real-life examples from actual situations show you how to identify the best prospects for a job and land the top candidate. Once the candidate is hired, you'll learn how to integrate your new employee into the workplace and encourage top performance. Based on research as well as years of professional experience,The Happy Employeecontains tips on leadership, building trust, and earning respect. You'll learn how to develop and maintain high-performance teams through proper communication techniques and effective rewards. The Happy Employeeis a practical and indispensable guide to retaining the best workers - which makes for a happy manager, as well! Julia McGovern, SPHR (Randolph, NJ) has been VP of human resources at Chilton Memorial Hospital at Pompton Plains, New Jersey, since 2001. Before that, she was corporate director of organization development and recruitment for Atlantic Health System in Florham Park, New Jersey. Susan Shelly (Shillington, PA) has written, coauthored, or contributed to more than thirty books, including ones dealing with starting a business and handling finances.
Millions of Americans have a significant level of vision impairment. This revised edition of Living with Vision Problems is designed to provide students with helpful information such as: how to cope, causes and types of vision impairments, preventions, treatments and even LASIK procedures. It is an extensive sourcebook for all topics, including medical, concerning blindness.
The Manager's Guide to Boosting Innovation, Productivity, and Profitability
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.