- Table View
- List View
Reduced workforces, hiring freezes, productivity pressures--it's clear that now, more than ever, every employee counts. With 101 practical, easy-to-implement tips,The Happy Employeewill help you identify and attract the most talented employees, retain them, and make sure they're happy and productive. Real-life examples from actual situations show you how to identify the best prospects for a job and land the top candidate. Once the candidate is hired, you'll learn how to integrate your new employee into the workplace and encourage top performance. Based on research as well as years of professional experience,The Happy Employeecontains tips on leadership, building trust, and earning respect. You'll learn how to develop and maintain high-performance teams through proper communication techniques and effective rewards. The Happy Employeeis a practical and indispensable guide to retaining the best workers - which makes for a happy manager, as well! Julia McGovern, SPHR (Randolph, NJ) has been VP of human resources at Chilton Memorial Hospital at Pompton Plains, New Jersey, since 2001. Before that, she was corporate director of organization development and recruitment for Atlantic Health System in Florham Park, New Jersey. Susan Shelly (Shillington, PA) has written, coauthored, or contributed to more than thirty books, including ones dealing with starting a business and handling finances.
Millions of Americans have a significant level of vision impairment. This revised edition of Living with Vision Problems is designed to provide students with helpful information such as: how to cope, causes and types of vision impairments, preventions, treatments and even LASIK procedures. It is an extensive sourcebook for all topics, including medical, concerning blindness.
The Manager's Guide to Boosting Innovation, Productivity, and Profitability
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.