- Table View
- List View
In an age of increasing complexity, diversification and change, customers expect services that cater to their needs and to their tastes. Emotional Engineering vol 2. describes how their expectations can be satisfied and managed throughout the product life cycle, if producers focus their attention more on emotion. Emotional engineering provides the means to integrate products to create a new social framework and develops services beyond product realization to create of value across a full lifetime. 14 chapters cover a wide range of topics that can be applied to product, process and industry development, with special attention paid to the increasing importance of sensing in the age of extensive and frequent changes, including: Multisensory stimulation and user experience Physiological measurement Tactile sensation Emotional quality management Mental model Kansei engineering. Emotional Engineering vol 2 builds on Dr Fukuda's previous book, Emotional Engineering, and provides readers with a holistic view of its research and applications, enabling them to make strategic decisions on how they can go further beyond product realization. It is recommended for all pioneers in industry, academia and government, who are making tremendous efforts to work with their customers to create value.
The proceedings contain papers accepted for the XVIIth ISPE International Conference on Concurrent Engineering, held in Cracow, Poland, September 6-10, 2010. No matter how diversified concurrent engineering (CE) may be, there is certainly a direction common to all the CE research and applications. The reader will find that, although each paper deals with different issues, the main thrust of most of the papers contained in New World Situation: New Directions in Concurrent Engineering is towards the human, i.e., viewing a designer as human, engineer as human, customer as human, and even a knowledge engineering as human. This trend is also reflected in session organization: design knowledge utilization and knowledge engineering, product design and development, lean product development, human centric product design and development, advanced manufacturing and mass customization, and advanced manufacturing.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.