When Nina's beloved husband abandons ship humming Let Me Entertain You, her world collapses. But not for long: it's the here and now - we believe in life after love. This is Nina's story: it's about darkness and desire, men and menstruation, kids and kindness, vodka and victory, loss and laughter. A vibrant tale of recovery and rediscovery, it's a battle cry for woman power, a call to pick ourselves up off the floor and party.
Like Rama and Sita, the mythical lovers of Indian history, a young couple set themselves the ideals of fidelity, faith and family. But in modern times, lines drawn in sand are easily obliterated by the drip feed of stress and the wet patch of temptation. When the monsters of management consultancy rear their ugly heads, Chita fights to resist the demands of lust, money and loneliness. But her devilish US boss is utterly beguiling, and her husband Shyam is righteous and sulky in their Docklands loft. As time unfolds, they discover that demons can catch you unawares. And that knowing the rules doesn't always mean you do the right thing.
Mala is eight years old in 1966 and Bayswater is her oyster as far as she and her three best friends are concerned. In spite of being poor - Beth is the daughter of a prostitute, Caroline's parents are Chinese waiters and Jan's Irish drunks, while Mala's mother is a Ceylonese immigrant single mother who cleans for a living - and being visited regularly by the social, the girls know that life is great and it's only going to get better . . .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.