- Table View
- List View
Chicken Soup for the Veteran's Soul will inspire and touch any veterans and their families, and allow others to appreciate the freedom for which they fought. A compelling collection of the true-life experiences of extraordinary men and women in every branch of service, who changed the course of history by their acts of valor in World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam and the Persian Gulf War. Their experiences offer a glimpse of timeless history, revealing moments of compassion, bravery, respect, and reverence. With chapters including Above and Beyond, The Home Front, The Front Lines, Coming Home, Healing, Brothers in Arms, and Honoring Those Who Served, this collection relays heroic deeds, acts of compassion and empathy, fears confronted, and victories attained. This is a wonderful tribute to anyone who gave in service to their country, as well as to their families.
Chicken Soup for the Veteran's Soul: Stories to Stir the Pride and Honor the Courage of Our Veteransby Jack Canfield Mark Victor Hansen Sidney R. Slagter
Thank You for Helping to Enrich the Lives of Others. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of every title in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series is donated to charity. Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, the New York Times and USA Today bestselling coauthors of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, have dedicated their lives to the personal and professional success of others. Sidney R. Slagter is the founder of Veteran Stories, Inc., a corporation dedicated to honoring veterans from all wars and all branches of service.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.