- Table View
- List View
The witch has grown the biggest pumpkin ever, and now she wants to make herself a pumpkin pie for Halloween. But the pumpkin is so big she can't get it off the vine. It's so big the ghost can't move it, either. Neither can the vampire, nor the mummy. It looks as if there'll be no pumpkin pie for Halloween, until along comes the bat with an idea to save the day. How can the tiny bat succeed where bigger and strong spooky creatures have failed? You'll be surprised!
Cowgirl. Kate and her cowhorse, Cocoa, who is always hungry, count cows, share a story, and help each other fall asleep. [This text is listed as an example that meets Common Core Standards in English language arts in grades 2-3 at http://www.corestandards.org.]<P><P> Winner of the Theodore Seuss Geisel Honor
A Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Honor Book Hold on to your hats! Two new pals have arrived on the scene: Cowgirl Kate and her stubborn, but devoted cowhorse, Cocoa. Together they count the herd, ride the range, and, of course, argue till the cows come home--as only best friends can do.With its spirited text and bright, humorous illustrations by Caldecott Honor recipient Betsy Lewin, this first book in the Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa series is bound to be a hit with young wranglers everywhere. This title has been selected as a Common Core Text Exemplar (Grades 2-3, Stories)
Baby animals are springing up on the ranch. Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa have a lot to do to help these new friends feel at home. But Cocoa's not sure he wants new friends, especially if they mean more work. With Cowgirl Kate's gentle nudging--and snacks!--Cocoa's happy to help out, and work is as fun as play. Erica Silverman's sweet easy-to-read chapters lassoed to Besty Lewin's charming illustrations makes a sure-fire finale for this favorite early reader series.
From the Bookjacket: Duck and Gander are having a contest. But Duck swims faster, and Gander flies higher. So which one is the champion? Then Duck gets an idea: "Don't move," she says. "Don't talk. Don't fidget a feather! And the winner will be the one and only, true and forever champion of champions." But as Duck and Gander stand stock still, along come a host of visitors- including Fox. Will Duck run? Will Gander? Which is the real champion? Gentle, funny, and true to life, Erica Silverman's story was inspired by the children next door. S. D. Schindler's rendering of Duck and Gander, which captures perfectly their spirit of rivalry-and of friendship-was simply inspired. The result is another irresistible book by the creators of Big Pumpkin.
When Lisa learns that her mother will return from a business trip "at the crack of dawn," she's determined to fix the crack-so the sun can come up, so the day can begin, so Mama can come home. Surrounded by the desert animals that live near her house, Lisa searches for the crack of dawn and is rewarded by the wonder of the desert and company of animals at daybreak. The pictures are described.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.