- Table View
- List View
They're moving on up. . . Charlie Barrett, male model, is ready for a career change. It's not that modeling for ten years hasn't been fun -- the Paris shows, the VIP lists, the cool flat and even cooler model girlfriend. But he and Lauren are probably going to get married and have kids someday so it's time for him to find a job that offers more challenge than tilting his head left or right. Lovely Lauren seems poised to break into TV, so when a chance meeting results in Charlie's being offered the job as the face of 2cool2btrue, he readily accepts. "Power couple" here they come!But something's going down. 2cool is the web equivalent of Armani, Prada, and Gucci. It's the sexiest thing in cyberspace and everyone wants a piece of it. As its marketing guru, Charlie spends his days wading through a sea of luxury products and designer freebies and his nights in a whirl of parties and champagne. When Nora, an American journalist based in London, takes a particular interest in the site -- and in Charlie -- the buzz is definitely on. But suddenly 2cool's owners disappear with a large amount of money and Charlie finds himself investigated for fraud. With Lauren too preoccupied with TV producer Peter to help, the only person Charlie can turn to is Nora. And Nora -- clumsy, eccentric, and increasingly mysterious -- is fast proving herself to be 2hot2handle.
If you've got it, flaunt it. Young, ambitious, and pretty damn good-looking, Andrew Collins knows that the workaday world is not enough for him. He wants more than a boring job and a mediocre life. Mostly, though, he wants more money. So when he answers an ad for male escorts, Andrew figures he's just found the perfect way to make a buck -- with a "Sugar Mama." But he soon finds that his older paramour, along with her bizarre and somewhat sinister friends, may be taking him for what looks to be a very bumpy ride with no brakes on board. Just try not to lose it. But now that he's finally got the green, Andrew finds himself drawn to the plainest of Janes. She's a no-nonsense, deep-thinking shop assistant who's saddened to see the real Andrew being suffocated under a pile of fancy clothes and flashy frills -- not his type at all. So why can't he stop thinking about her? Maybe because life in the lap of luxury isn't what it seems -- or even what he truly wants? Caught between cold cash and a warm heart, Andrew must figure out what matters most: his love of money, his love of himself, or love, period.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.