Though many have written about Diana, Princess of Wales, few have known Diana as intimately as Simone Simmons, the woman who became Diana's close personal friend and confidante following her painful and much-publicized separation and divorce. In 1993, Diana sought seclusion, recovery, and refuge. After meeting Simone at the Hale Clinic where she worked as a healer, Diana invited her to Kensington Palace. Their relationship soon blossomed into a precious friendship, as Diana trusted Simone with her most private thoughts, sharing every detail of her life and loves, her hopes and dreams. This lovingly written book offers a rare glimpse inside the life of the real Diana, revealing casual, contemplative moments, daily routines, and simple pleasures at home; the secret forays she took, often hiding in plain sight in various disguises, to Hampstead Heath and the jazz clubs of Soho; illuminating insight into her sometimes mercurial changes in temperament, stormy friendships, and complex relationship with the press; her deepest feelings about Prince Charles, Camilla Parker-Bowles, the royal family, and her two cherished sons, Princes William and Harry; the shocking truth about Diana's one true love and how losing him led her into the arms of playboy millionaire Dodi Fayed; and the astonishing stages of Diana's healing and personal growth, as she transformed herself from emotionally defeated victim to confident and self-reliant role model for millions of women around the world. A beautiful tribute to the remarkable woman behind the image, here is Diana as we have never seen her before--frank and off-guard, in leggings and plain T-shirts, honest and open and completely at ease. Full of penetrating insight, startling new revelations, and sixteen pages of candid color photographs, Diana: The Secret Years brings the People's Princess vividly to life for the people who love her--and who continue to celebrate her enduring memory and lasting legacy.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.