- Table View
- List View
Though many have written about Diana, Princess of Wales, few have known Diana as intimately as Simone Simmons, the woman who became Diana's close personal friend and confidante following her painful and much-publicized separation and divorce. In 1993, Diana sought seclusion, recovery, and refuge. After meeting Simone at the Hale Clinic where she worked as a healer, Diana invited her to Kensington Palace. Their relationship soon blossomed into a precious friendship, as Diana trusted Simone with her most private thoughts, sharing every detail of her life and loves, her hopes and dreams. This lovingly written book offers a rare glimpse inside the life of the real Diana, revealing casual, contemplative moments, daily routines, and simple pleasures at home; the secret forays she took, often hiding in plain sight in various disguises, to Hampstead Heath and the jazz clubs of Soho; illuminating insight into her sometimes mercurial changes in temperament, stormy friendships, and complex relationship with the press; her deepest feelings about Prince Charles, Camilla Parker-Bowles, the royal family, and her two cherished sons, Princes William and Harry; the shocking truth about Diana's one true love and how losing him led her into the arms of playboy millionaire Dodi Fayed; and the astonishing stages of Diana's healing and personal growth, as she transformed herself from emotionally defeated victim to confident and self-reliant role model for millions of women around the world. A beautiful tribute to the remarkable woman behind the image, here is Diana as we have never seen her before--frank and off-guard, in leggings and plain T-shirts, honest and open and completely at ease. Full of penetrating insight, startling new revelations, and sixteen pages of candid color photographs, Diana: The Secret Years brings the People's Princess vividly to life for the people who love her--and who continue to celebrate her enduring memory and lasting legacy.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.