- Table View
- List View
Ten-year-old Bobby Ellis loves everything about baseball, from the hits to the hot dogs. That's why he calls himself Bobby Baseball! Every day he dreams of becoming a major league pitcher and joining the stars in the Baseball Hall of Fame. And what better place to start his career than right here on his own Kids Club team, the Hawks?But the hawks' coach happens to be Bobby's father, who has other ideas. "You're a natural second baseman," he says, expecting Bobby to be a model player who never makes a single mistake. Get real, Dad!When Bobby pitches three winning games in a row, the Hawks rule. Suddenly Bobby's life seems like one big basball game--games on the field, games on TV, and games in his mind. Can Bobby keep on winning? Can he count on Dad?From the Trade Paperback edition.
Henry Green loves chocolate and eats it all the time. Even to the point of getting a case of Chocolate Fever!
The Kleins were like any other close, loving family until the sudden death of Jane, the perfect wife, tore their lives apart. From then on, for Paul, it was all about coping. That was hard enough. Then Paul met Ruth. She could be his lover. She could become his wife. But she'd have to be mother to his kids in the house that forever would be Jane's house.
It's tough for 11-year-old Ned to stop eating, even when he's sent to a summer diet camp.
Peter is thrilled that Grandpa is coming to live with his family. That is, until Grandpa moves right into Peter's room, forcing him upstairs. Peter loves his grandpa but wants his room back. He has no choice but to declare war! With the help of his friends, Peter devises outrageous plans to make Grandpa surrender the room. But Grandpa is tougher than he looks. Rather than give in, Grandpa plans to get even. They used to be such great pals. Has their war gone too far? "Captures the anger and frustration that accompanies a child's inability to control his life. " - School Library Journal
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.