Freight pilot Abby Tarleton's life has suddenly become very complicated. Her black sheep stepbrother is camped on a couch in her living room, her phone rings constantly with wrong numbers from strangers demanding that she cut or increase their orders of who knows what, and to top it all off, she can't keep her eyes off her ruggedly handsome, and very married, next door neighbor and tenant, Sloane Jameson. Sloane is encountering a few complications of his own. An undercover narcotics agent, he and his partner Connie are on assignment, posing as a married couple. Their job is to find evidence that will link Abby to her ex-husband's drug ring. At first Sloane thinks the assignment will be a cinch, especially when he witnesses what he thinks is a huge pay off between Abby and a known drug dealer. What he doesn't bargain for is his own feelings for Abby. How can he possibly complete his investigation when he has fallen in love with the chief suspect?
A man would have to be crazy to want to take on a woman with five kids. At least that's what Adria Sinclair's fiancé tells her when her brother dies unexpectedly, leaving her custody of his five sons. Adria sells her Porsche, trades her apartment for a four-bedroom house, and decides that her days of romance are over. If only she could convince Bryce Hathaway of this. He insists on pursuing her even though she lets him know quite plainly that a romance between them is absolutely out of the question. However, his searing kisses threaten to ignite the passion that lies beneath Adria's responsible exterior, and she finally issues him a tantalizing challenge. She invites him to come and live in her house with her and the boys for one week. Bryce accepts the challenge with alacrity. Will he be able to prove to Adria that a romance between them is possible? Or will he find that becoming an instant dad to five young boys is more than he bargained for?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.