- Table View
- List View
Responding to the trend toward sustainable living, Recipes and Tips for Sustainable Living helps you make delicious food using natural ingredients. Inside this lushly illustrated volume, you'll find: Tips and techniques to grow and harvest natural, organic foods in and around your home. More than 80 mouth-watering recipes for cooking those ingredients. Tips on preservation and storage of your harvest. Health benefits of natural, organic ingredients. Chapters cover: Gardening - Heirloom gardening, container gardening, herbs and preserving. Beyond the Garden - Foraging, beekeeping, poultry and eggs. Wood and Water - Venison, wild turkey, duck, quail, small game, seafood and fish.
Wild Game Food For Your Family has recipes that use nutritious wild game, fish, and vegetables that are exceptionally delicious and surprisingly easy to prepare. This is a refreshing cookbook filled with heartwarming photographs of her beautiful family catching the fish and gathering the vegetables to prepare their healthy meals, such as the Crispy Bream and Roasted Vegetables only to be topped off with Gray's Peaches and Vanilla Cream Dessert.Not only are the recipes delicious, there are health facts and cooking hints sprinkled through the book along with vivid photographs of every recipe. Stacy clearly is inspired and inspires others from her overflow of love and priority for family and home and it is beautifully translated to the pages of her cookbook. Anyone with a desire to be healthier, dine on exceptionally delicious and surprisingly simple food, and get back to the natural ingredients that were meant for the body, needs this book.Stacy writes from a passion that wild venison, turkey, duck, quail, pheasant, fish, fruits, and vegetables without hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, and without being genetically modified are the most nutritious and tasty foods that one can eat. She states that whether you hunt, fish, and gather yourself, or whether you purchase from a reputable harvester and shop at farmers markets, changing your eating habits to wild foods is the best choice in health you will ever make. For many, preparing wild game seems to be a daunting task. In her book, not only does Stacy give the information needed to melt away any intimidation of cooking from the wild, but she also gives the techniques to simplify the process of making succulent, excellent meals. Her tried and true recipes come from a heart to love her family through cooking extraordinarily delicious food gathered from the garden, and hunted and fished from the wild.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.