- Table View
- List View
This edition contains topics on Early Humans and Societies, Mesopotamia, Egypt and Kush, Civilization in India and China, Foundations of western ideas, The Roman World, Endings and Beginnings and Biographies of persons who have influenced history. Charts, Graphics, and Time Lines are some of the additional features of this book.
Studying history will be easy for you using this textbook.
Learn more about world history, from the earliest humans through the scholars and politicians of the European Renaissance.
Studying world history will be easy for students using this textbook. With the easy-to-use structure and special features, this textbook will make history come alive for the students.
The book equips one to be able to analyze historical materials, dig into history to create a richer understanding of the mysteries of the past.
This book will help students read, think and solve problems like historians.
For students to understand history better World History Oklahoma Edition covers history in two different sources: primary and secondary.
This textbook uses both primary and secondary sources to make students better historians.
History textbook for California students.
For courses in Ancient History (Ancient Near East - Egypt/Mesopotamia), Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome. This collection of primary sources focusing on the social and cultural history of the Ancient Near East, Greece, and Rome is designed to encourage students to examine issues pertaining to a broad range of themes through the analysis of relevant ancient literary and non-literary texts. Covering a wide variety of social and cultural concerns---ranging from marriage, family, war, and religion, to political culture, slavery, and entertainment---the texts are arranged thematically within a general chronological framework to provide a broad overview of life in the Ancient World. Note: This volume is the companion reader to D. Brendan Nagle'sThe Ancient World: A Social and Cultural History, 7/e.
Ideally suited as either a companion volume to The Ancient World: A Social and Cultural History, Sixth Edition, or as a stand-alone volume, The Ancient World: Readings in Social and Cultural History, Third Edition provides students of ancient history with a wide selection of texts illustrating the social and cultural life of the peoples of West Asia, the Mediterranean, and Europe, from the earliest recorded time to the 7th century A. D. In recognition of the increased scholarly understanding of Late Antiquity, the Third Edition includes selections that address key aspects of Byzantium, northern Europe, and Islam. Book jacket.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.