- Table View
- List View
This edition contains topics on Early Humans and Societies, Mesopotamia, Egypt and Kush, Civilization in India and China, Foundations of western ideas, The Roman World, Endings and Beginnings and Biographies of persons who have influenced history. Charts, Graphics, and Time Lines are some of the additional features of this book.
Studying history will be easy for you using this textbook.
Studying world history will be easy for students using this textbook. With the easy-to-use structure and special features, this textbook will make history come alive for the students.
The book equips one to be able to analyze historical materials, dig into history to create a richer understanding of the mysteries of the past.
This book will help students read, think and solve problems like historians.
For students to understand history better World History Oklahoma Edition covers history in two different sources: primary and secondary.
This textbook uses both primary and secondary sources to make students better historians.
History textbook for California students.
For courses in Ancient History (Ancient Near East - Egypt/Mesopotamia), Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome. This collection of primary sources focusing on the social and cultural history of the Ancient Near East, Greece, and Rome is designed to encourage students to examine issues pertaining to a broad range of themes through the analysis of relevant ancient literary and non-literary texts. Covering a wide variety of social and cultural concerns---ranging from marriage, family, war, and religion, to political culture, slavery, and entertainment---the texts are arranged thematically within a general chronological framework to provide a broad overview of life in the Ancient World. Note: This volume is the companion reader to D. Brendan Nagle'sThe Ancient World: A Social and Cultural History, 7/e.
Ideally suited as either a companion volume to The Ancient World: A Social and Cultural History, Sixth Edition, or as a stand-alone volume, The Ancient World: Readings in Social and Cultural History, Third Edition provides students of ancient history with a wide selection of texts illustrating the social and cultural life of the peoples of West Asia, the Mediterranean, and Europe, from the earliest recorded time to the 7th century A. D. In recognition of the increased scholarly understanding of Late Antiquity, the Third Edition includes selections that address key aspects of Byzantium, northern Europe, and Islam. Book jacket.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.