- Table View
- List View
Mia moves from the shadows to the spotlight when her matchmaking plans go awry in this contemporary M!X novel from the author of 30 Days of No Gossip.Mia is used to feeling overlooked: her perfect older sister gets all the attention at home, and the popular clique at school are basically experts at ignoring her. So when it's time for the annual Student Council chocolate rose sale, Mia is prepared to feel even worse. Because even though anyone can buy and send roses to their crushes and friends, the same (popular) people always end up with roses while everyone else gets left out. Except a twist of fate puts Mia in charge of selling the roses this year--and that means things are going to change. With a little creativity, Mia makes sure the kids who usually leave empty-handed suddenly find themselves the object of someone's affection. But her scheme starts to unravel when she realizes that being a secret matchmaker isn't easy--and neither is being in the spotlight.
Can a middle school gossip queen change her ways, or will she lose her BFF for good? Find out in this M!X original novel.Maddie Evans prides herself on being the gossip queen of Troy Middle School. She is the first person her classmates go to when they need the latest news on the ins-and-outs of TMS--and Maddie never disappoints. Her best friend since birth, Vi, isn't crazy about Maddie's penchant for passing on rumors, but it's never been an issue in their friendship. Until the day Maddie lets slip who Vi is crushing on--in front of her crush. Vi is furious, and she confronts Maddie with an ultimatum: no gossip for 30 days, or twelve years of sisterhood goes down the drain. Maddie agrees, but only a week into the challenge, she gets one of the juiciest pieces of gossip EVER--something that could affect the future of the school. Will she be able to keep her mouth shut and tame her ways? Or will she be left standing alone with no one to hear her stories?
Piper and her mother take on another new adventure in the second book of the brand-new Piper Morgan series.After saying good-bye to her circus friends, Piper Morgan and her mom are on the move again, this time returning to mom's hometown and to Piper's beloved grandmother's house after Piper's mom takes a job in the local elementary school principal's office. Piper is excited for a new school and new friends--and is thrilled when she is made an "office helper." But there is one girl who seems determined to prove she is a better helper than Piper--and she just so happens to be the principal's daughter. Can Piper figure out how to handle being the new girl in town once more?
In this charming new chapter book series, eight-year-old Piper Morgan is adjusting to a new home and all the new places and faces she meets along the way, as she and her mom look for the perfect place to plant their feet.When Piper Morgan and her mom have to move, Piper is sad to leave her friends behind, but excited for the new adventures coming her way. Her mom is looking for the perfect place for her and Piper to settle down, and dives into a series of odd jobs. Mom's first job? An assistant to the head of the Big Top Circus. And Piper is excited to learn she will be a part of The Little Explorers, a group made up of the circus workers' kids. They may be small in size, but they play a big part in the circus, as they kick-off the big elephant routine in the show. But during Piper's debut as a Little Explorer, her high kicks and pointed toes don't go quite as planned--and after causing a dance disaster, she has to prove to everyone--especially queen of the Little Explorers, Lexie--that she belongs in the spotlight.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.