- Table View
- List View
Good news for people without a four-year degree who are seeking a new or different job: The authors have sorted through the latest government job data and selected the 300 best jobs that don't require a four-year degree. Each of these jobs has high earnings, good growth potential, or many job openings. For example: *The #1 job with the best combination of pay, growth, and number of openings that doesn't require a four-year degree is Registered Nurse. It has average annual earnings of $46,410, is growing at a 25.6 percent rate, and has 140,000 openings per year. *Among the best jobs requiring moderate-term on-the-job training are Advertising Sales Agent (#1), Correctional Officer and Jailer (#4), and Roofer (#7). *The job with the highest percentage of self-employed workers that doesn't require a four-year degree is Real Estate Sales Agent (69.4%). Who Can Benefit from This Book? *People interested in exploring new, better-paying, or more interesting career options requiring less than a four-year college degree *Students researching and planning for future training and careers *Teachers and counselors helping students, graduates, and job seekers. Discover the best jobs for you in two steps! Browse the best jobs lists in Part I to find the jobs that interest you most. Then look up their information-packed descriptions in Part II for more details on earnings, growth, education or training needed, job tasks, and much more.
Every day you see adults all around you on their way to work. What do they do all day? More importantly, what job will you do someday? That's a big question. Your career choice will affect your happiness, your lifestyle, and your earnings. Through a unique mix of interesting information, Exploring Careers helps you learn more about the jobs that match your interests, favorite courses, free-time activities, and skills. IT'S EASY* Exploring Careers is divided into 14 interest areas. Just select the areas that interest you most and learn more about related careers through real-life worker profiles, samplers of key job skills, and brief job descriptions. IT'S REAL.. Read 49 interesting profiles of real people doing real jobs. Learn what they do, how they got into their fields, the education and training they had, what they like and sometimes don't like about their work, and much more. IT CONNECTS TODAY TO YOUR FUTURE. In 19 skill samplers, real workers tell you about the skills they need for their jobs. Questions help you see how what you're good at today could lead to a future job. IT'S QUICK BUT COMPLETE* Learn current facts about 1,000 jobs. Each brief description includes information about education and training needed, average salary, job growth, and the importance of math, science, and English to the job. Meets National Career Development Guidelines for Self-Knowledge, Educational and Occupational Exploration, and Career Planning.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.