- Table View
- List View
Do you ever . . . Experience palpitations when passing a yarn shop? Sneak new yarn purchases into the house? Utter the words "just one more row"? Plan your vacation around yarn store locations? Secretly scope out new spots to store your stash? If you answered "yes" to one or more of these, you are at risk of becoming an obsessive knitter. This totally incurable condition is sure to be helped by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's humorous and heartfelt "meditations!' Her tangled reflections on the knitter's life will keep you in stitches and unravel your tensions for many warm and woolly moments to come.
An obsessed knitter who can't seem to put the needles down, author Stephanie Pearl-McPhee reveals the tangled and sometimes maniacal path of her knitting triumphs and disasters in this sometimes funny, sometimes sad, but all true story. Stephanie talks about the importance and method of stash, how to set reasonable goals for yourself for knitting, what happens when your family doesn't want you to knit, and the many pitfalls that might befall a knitter.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.