- Table View
- List View
The second edition of Ethics and the Early Childhood Educator: Using the NAEYC Code is an NAEYC resource that we are pleased to publish and that follows a history of two minor revisions to the first edition. This edition includes situations that involve ethical dimensions--responsibilities and dilemmas-- based on the 2005 revision and the 2011 reaffirmation and updating of the Code.
Feeney (education, U. of Hawaii at Manoa) discusses the implications of professionalism for early childhood education, for education students and in-service trainees. She examines how professions are organized, including an overview of the nature of professions and the professional status of early childhood education; how individuals can exhibit the ideals and principles of professions in their work with children and families, including the knowledge and skills of early childhood educators, professional behavior, including communication and relationship skills, work ethic, professional ethics, and personal qualities; and self-reflection. Annotation ©2012 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.