- Table View
- List View
This is one in a series of books seeking to introduce the reader to the more frequently encountered common law principles which apply in Hong Kong. This book presents an introduction to contract principles. Contracts affect everyone, from simple daily activities as buying groceries to more complicated and formal agreements such as renovation. As a basic version intended for general use, this publication aims to be an overview. The organizational structure reflects this goal: the text is kept short and easy to read (with Chinese translations of most legal terms used in the text) while the extensive endnote section provides much more comprehensive and detailed explanations for those readers who seek such information. The Table of Contents conveniently provides an overview in an outline format of the subject. The extensive Index makes the book more user-friendly.
This is one in a series of books seeking to introduce the reader to the frequently encountered legal rules in Hong Kong. 'Property Law in Hong Kong' focuses on the rules regulating property and conveyancing which apply in the territory. The book is intended for use by those without a law degree. The organizational structure reflects this goal and the text is brief. For readers desiring additional information, an extensive endnote section provides comprehensive and detailed explanations. The endnote sections also includes Chinese translations of the legal terms used in this publication. As a survey, this text is appropriate for an audience which would include, for example: students required to study legal subjects; foreign-based non-law professionals needing an overview of the relevant subject; local professionals whose work involves a legal element; and, the general public.
This is one in a series of books providing readers with an overview of the more frequently encountered legal principles. This book focuses on the common law tort principles which apply in the territory. As a basic version, this publication provides a general introduction. This book's organizational structure reflects this intention. The text is kept short and easy to read with Chinese translations provided of most legal terms. An extensive endnote section provides readers who seek more details with comprehensive and in-depth explanations. A detailed Table of Contents serves as a convenient outline while the exhaustive Index seeks to make the book more user-friendly and convenient to use.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.