- Table View
- List View
This is one in a series of books seeking to introduce the reader to the more frequently encountered common law principles which apply in Hong Kong. This book presents an introduction to contract principles. Contracts affect everyone, from simple daily activities as buying groceries to more complicated and formal agreements such as renovation. As a basic version intended for general use, this publication aims to be an overview. The organizational structure reflects this goal: the text is kept short and easy to read (with Chinese translations of most legal terms used in the text) while the extensive endnote section provides much more comprehensive and detailed explanations for those readers who seek such information. The Table of Contents conveniently provides an overview in an outline format of the subject. The extensive Index makes the book more user-friendly.
This is one in a series of books seeking to introduce the reader to the frequently encountered legal rules in Hong Kong. 'Property Law in Hong Kong' focuses on the rules regulating property and conveyancing which apply in the territory. The book is intended for use by those without a law degree. The organizational structure reflects this goal and the text is brief. For readers desiring additional information, an extensive endnote section provides comprehensive and detailed explanations. The endnote sections also includes Chinese translations of the legal terms used in this publication. As a survey, this text is appropriate for an audience which would include, for example: students required to study legal subjects; foreign-based non-law professionals needing an overview of the relevant subject; local professionals whose work involves a legal element; and, the general public.
This is one in a series of books providing readers with an overview of the more frequently encountered legal principles. This book focuses on the common law tort principles which apply in the territory. As a basic version, this publication provides a general introduction. This book's organizational structure reflects this intention. The text is kept short and easy to read with Chinese translations provided of most legal terms. An extensive endnote section provides readers who seek more details with comprehensive and in-depth explanations. A detailed Table of Contents serves as a convenient outline while the exhaustive Index seeks to make the book more user-friendly and convenient to use.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.